A friend asked me when her wedding is, and I said in October. I noticed that in less than 8 months, it'll be here. I can't wait to see her blossom after this new chapter and pursue her passions, expand her possibilities, have space and time [to herself]. No need to worry about anyone else. Pluck out who and what is best for her. She needs this freedom to be the colorful, strong person she's always been. I never loved someone right. I never was loved so much. Some people love only what is lovely. They didn't see the parts that she saw. They didn't stay up with me many, many nights when I was at my worst. Their love didn't change me, and I don't mean change me in a summer romance and teach me some important things, but truly change me and push me to finally grow up. But her love did. Her love for me shows her strength. It's not a shame to love, it's not a weakening action or pursuit. I wondered what it was for many years, but never followed through with it, never was transformed by it, until I grew in love with her. I couldn't grasp the idea of living monogamously with someone and loving them every single freaking day, how annoying and tarnished it would be. But every day, I love her, though I don't like how she handles things or cares too much. I love her but want to be away from her. I love her and want to be next to her. I love her because she is not like me, but because she is like me. That because she is like me, she chooses different routes, she chooses to be different. And then I learn to be different, for the betterment of myself. As her sister, I was forced into this relationship, but learned how to love because of it.
She's leaving home. bye-bye ~The Beatles
No comments:
Post a Comment